If you’re reading this post, then congratulations! You’ve already taken the first step to getting your dream home in Beverly Hills. But before you get too excited, there are a few things you should know about buying property in the 90210-zip code. Owning your own Beverly Hills home means that you are now part of the aristocracy. No, this does not mean that Beverly Hills is full of snooty people who look down on those with less money – it just means that Beverly Hills is pretty exclusive, which makes you kind of exclusive. Beverly Hills is not only the city with the most expensive real estate in Los Angeles but also in all of Southern California if not all of America. There are many Beverly Hills homes that sell for over $20 million. Luckily for you, I’m here to help educate and prepare you for what’s ahead of us on this journey. Here are 8 things every buyer needs to know about purchasing a luxury home in Beverly Hill.
Consider what you want most in your Beverly Hills home.
- Beverly Hills is a densely populated area with limited space, so it’s important to prioritize what you want most out of your Beverly Hills home. When I work with my Beverly Hills real estate buyers they are often torn between the high-end finishes and outdoor living spaces that come with luxury homes, or something that is just very simple and cozy where it could feel homier.
- Beverly Hills is about luxury finishes and Beverly Hills real estate agents are very knowledgable – but not all Beverly Hills agents can afford luxuries while they’re under contract, so don’t expect your Beverly Hills agent to live in the same type of house as their Beverly Hills listings. I always advise my buyers to find something they like and find a Beverly Hills real estate agent that can serve as an advisor during the search.
- There are lots of home options you can choose from in Beverly Hills. You can start with a Beverly Hills fixer-upper and restore the house to its former glory or you go for an already built Beverly Hills home. Sure there are all sorts of Beverly Hills luxury mansions available for sale, but there is also middle-tier housing that will fit your budget better.
- Beverly Hills is very pricey and Beverly Hills real estate agents don’t always think of it as “affordable” so you’ll need to be very flexible on your expectations when making offers – or just expect to pay cash.
I know that now you are thinking about what you really want for a home and I know it can be confusing sometimes. Take your time. How about you start with the things you like most about your previous house? Then go think of the ones you least like and replace them. Now add all the other stuff you want to also have in your dream home, which might be a huge garden, a family pool, or another garage area. Do it step by step with the guidance of your realtor and you’ll never go wrong.
Consult the right realtor.
- Beverly Hills is one of the most expensive places to buy a home in all of California, so make sure your realtor knows what he or she is doing. Beverly Hills homes are abundant with culture and history, so don’t be afraid to walk away from an offer if you feel as though there is not enough value being placed on it.
- Especially if you are a first-time buyer Beverly Hills homes are not the cheapest, so before making an offer consult your realtor to know whether or not you have any wiggle room in your budget
- Most realtors who work around Beverly Hills are well-versed in the area. Beverly Hills is, after all, home to some of the richest and most sophisticated people in the world. They usually work with celebrities, business owners, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and other wealthy people you could think about. Finding one that understands your needs and has extensive knowledge about the area would really be a great help with the process
- You can find Beverly Hills homes for sale by searching Beverly Hills Realtor listings on the net. There are hundreds of Beverly Hills Realtors that work in and around Beverly Hills, you just need to find one that’s right for you. Most realtors who work in Beverly Hills will know where your money belongs
You might think that you can just hire any realtor to sell your luxury home, but if you want the best results, it pays to consult an expert. And with our team – Erik Brown’s team on your side, there’s no need to worry about anything! If you’re ready for a change in scenery or are looking for the perfect spot for your dream home, visit us online today viewhomesinlosangelesarea.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Calculate your price range.
- When you consider Beverly Hills as your future home, it’s important that you set yourself up for success. Beverly Hills has an extensive range of homes in different price brackets, so you need to establish an approximate budget for your search in order to avoid spending time in the less affordable areas
- Everyone who arrives at Beverly Hills is wowed, but it’s important to keep your expectations realistic! Beverly Hills is not an undiscovered rural paradise—it’s a city with plenty of traffic and noise, surrounded by other Beverly Hills’ suburbs! The best thing anyone can do is to visit Beverly Hills in person before signing any contracts with a realtor or go online and check some house listings to get ideas about the prices of the houses for sale in Beverly Hills. Of course, your realtor would be happy to give you recommendations but I advise you do your own research as well. Beverly Hills is not a perfect city by any means, but I do guarantee you’ll be wowed
- It is rare to find something cheap in Beverly Hills, always expect it to be lavish and luxurious. Beverly Hills is known for its high-end luxurious houses and expensive real estate so before looking at any houses you should be aware of what it costs to live in Beverly Hills
A home is the largest purchase most people will ever make, so it’s important to be prepared. You’ll need to calculate your price range before you start looking at homes in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles because of the high cost of living, and if you decided that this place is really where you want to be then you might want to do some research as well.
You may also like
- Talking money matters with Adam Torres | Beverly Hills Tips
- Why do you need to invest in Beverly Hills’ Real Estate?
- Real Estate Companies in Los Angeles
- “Triangle House,” Mar Vista California Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate in Los Angeles, California
- The Importance of Patience When Buying | Erik Brown
Chase on the right season.
- Beverly Hills is a city that stays active year-round because of the amazing weather so if you are planning to move to Beverly Hills you might want to find out when Beverly Hills real estate market is the most active. Don’t go with your gut. Beverly Hills is known for its high-end luxury homes and expensive real estate, meaning that Beverly Hills always has something to offer everyone.
- Beverly Hills has the ability to manage Beverly Hills real estate market because it is known for its class and prestige. If you are working with Beverly Hill Realtor Erik Brown, he can help you get prepared to buy Beverly Hills homes for sale at all times of the year.
Beverly Hills market is always strong because there are lots of Beverly Hills houses for sale, Beverly Hills luxury condos to choose from, Beverly Hills houses for rent, and Beverly Hills apartments that you can pick from. You may actually check our website viewhomesinlosangelesarea.com for regular updates on the listed homes for sale in Beverly Hills.
Control your daily commute.
- Commuting will always be a part of our daily activities and being stuck in long traffic might become really stressful especially, if you are working. So, it is important to know how you will manage your daily commute if you plan on moving to Beverly Hills
- You can do some research for the fastest routes on your commute and it also helps to know a little about Beverly Hills’ history. Beverly Hills is a part of Los Angeles, but there have been some instances where Beverly Hills tried splitting from LA city
- In addition, Beverly Hills borders West Hollywood and Santa Monica among other cities. Knowing this information might help you understand Beverly Hills better as well as the traffic. This will also help you choose which area to live in Beverly Hills
- Know that Beverly Hills always has its busy streets from daytime to nighttime. There are some Beverly Hills streets that might be very busy during the day, but not busy at night. Knowing which Beverly Hills streets to avoid can be helpful for your commute. Also, keep in mind Beverly Hills is gated so you may find yourself needing to go through certain gates throughout Beverly Hills.
- You can take City streets to avoid the worst highway congestion. Beverly Hills is small compared to Los Angeles but Beverly Hills has a lot of traffic during commuting hours so keep this in mind for your commute as well as trying to find parking on Beverly Hills streets.
- If you find yourself needing to use a carpool, expect that you will always be in stock in Beverly Hills traffic. So, I would advise you to consider carpooling with a friend or a family member.
If you’re a luxury home buyer or seller in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area, it’s important to know whether your commute will be manageable. To make your daily drive more enjoyable and less stressful, consider buying a home close to your place of work or in an area with good public transportation. I’ll let you in on my personal experience; I bought my first house when I was young and single because it was close to where I worked. Now that I’m married with two children – who also go to school nearby – we never have any issues getting around town. However, if this is something you couldn’t consider then you may check on the easy or fast routes ti your destination. Talk to your chosen realtor about these kinds of stuff so he can provide proper recommendations.
- Always be open with your realtor and schedule a pre-inspection of the house before signing anything. Don’t hesitate to check all areas and ask questions. Maybe some areas are not part of your realtor’s area of expertise so it is important you let him know if you saw some damages or a lack of facilities inside the house
- If you’re serious about buying a property in Beverly Hills then it pays to be thorough. A few simple maintenance checks can sometimes be the difference between buying your dream home and stepping into a costly nightmare
- Even though Beverly Hills is a luxury city, the buying process remains the same. Always keep an open line of communication with your realtor and make him aware of any concerns you might have about the property before signing anything. You need to be certain that he is experienced enough in Beverly Hills real estate to deal with every issue that could
- You can actually take note of the things you want to be properly checked. Here’s a sample checklist you can use if you have scheduled a pre-inspection for the property you are planning to buy;
- Check for corrosion, mold, and water stains. This has nothing to do with the structural repair but sometimes can be costly too. Take a look at the walls, especially near the bathrooms. Look for any signs of moisture penetration or water leaks
- Assess ceilings for sagging. Try shining a torch on the ceilings, it will show up all deflections and defects. See if they have a parachute appearance
- Look inside all cabinets in all wet areas. Make sure the areas are clean and dry. Check for any mold or fungal growth. See if there is a smell of damp – a damp smell is a sign of water leaks
- Check the walls for large carks. Do this inspection with the interior and exterior walls. Properties with a large number of cracks greater than 2.0mm in width are cause for concern and should be further inspected by a qualified building inspector
- Check for mold in bathrooms and bedrooms. If you see any, it could indicate a big problem since it could affect your health. it can cause allergic reactions and aggravate respiratory health issues, such as asthma. Have a professional mold remediation company to help you clean it properly
- Check the internal wall plastering for fine cracks. If you see any, this means that water has been seeping through the walls. If not addressed, it could lead to structural damage and mold, which can cause health issues
- Look at the external roof lines to see if you can see any watermarks. If there are, this means that the gutters are not draining properly. If left unattended, it will lead to internal damage to your property which could result in expensive repairs or worse, mold growth
- Check the roof gutters for rust, dents, or watermarks. If any are visible, it could be caused by tree branches touching the gutters. This means that more work is needed to be done on them so water can drain properly
- Check the roof downpipes run to stormwater drains. Do a quick around the external perimeter of your building to check the downpipes are free of debris like leaves, twigs, and branches. This means that it is draining properly
- Look for cracks in the foundation of your Beverly Hills home. Find a professional Beverly Hills Realtor who can help you get a home inspection done so any problems with the foundation are caught early and can be repaired before water damage occurs.
When you buy a house in Beverly Hills, it’s important to do your homework and be careful. First, conduct a pre-inspection of the home to try and catch any major issues before purchase. Then, after the inspection is complete, if there are still some unresolved concerns, you can negotiate with the seller to get them fixed before closing on the property. You don’t want to end up like many homeowners in Beverly Hills who find themselves living among mold or other hazardous materials without knowing about it until they’re already invested in their new home!
Create possible renovations or updates if needed.
- After your pre-inspection and discussing all areas that need attention then it is time for you to list all the possible interior and exterior updates. You can either do these updates during the renovation process or after closing on the property. If you are planning on adding more rooms, adding an extension, doing a major kitchen update, or installing a pool then this is where Beverly Hills realtor comes into play
- If you are interested in making any renovations then right away disclose it to your realtor so he or she can right away work on finding the right contractor for the property that you are planning to get
- Know that renovations can be quite expensive sometimes. If you are unable to do some of the renovations at the moment then make sure that the Beverly Hills realtor knows. The last thing you’d want is for your Beverly Hills realtor to be surprised by something huge
You may be reading this blog post because you are looking to buy a home in Beverly Hills. You now have the opportunity to make some renovations and changes that will fit your needs. Some of these ideas might even increase the value of your property. So, what should you do? The first thing is to take stock of the current condition of the house – is there anything major that needs fixing right away? Then, if not, think about what kinds of upgrades or renovations would make it feel like home for you. Just make sure to always consult things first with your Beverly Hills realtor and you will never go wrong.
Check out or buy it! Sign that contract.
I actually suggest creating a checklist – your realtor might be doing this as well so better to communicate to him the details for you need to be on the same page as well. Once you narrow down all the details, it would be time to check out or buy Beverly Hills real estate. Signing the contract is something not to take lightly – there are a lot of things you need to consider about yourself and your Beverly Hills realtor before you sign on that dotted line. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! I’m sure they will have all the answers you need and more. Remember: they will be your partner in buying Beverly Hills real estate, don’t keep them at arm’s length.
Talking about myself definitely scores high on communication. Don’t get me wrong – there are a lot of Beverly Hills realtors but it is different when you work with an expert in the Beverly Hills market – one that is knowledgeable and understands your taste in Beverly Hills real estate.
Make sure to have a complete heart when signing the papers. I mean, you don’t want to have second thoughts about the Beverly Hills home you bought and have to sell Beverly Hills real estate in a hurry.
Now that we have given you 8 things to think about before buying a home in Beverly Hills then what are you waiting for? Go start to make your dreams come true! We hope you have enjoyed this guide to buying a home in Beverly Hills. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via email or phone – we are most happy to help! Buying a home will always be an exciting process and we want it to be as smooth as possible for you, so you can enjoy the next chapter of your life without any Beverly Hills real estate headaches. Connect with us today so we can start planning how we can become part of your future by finding the perfect house for you!
Like and follow us today for updates: erikrbrown.com