When people think about the glitz and glamor of Hollywood, it’s common to imagine celebrities walking down red carpets, idolizing their fans, or acting alongside other stars in shows and movies. Moving to Los Angeles is a pretty big step that should not be taken lightly; however, many famous stars have taken that plunge into the entertainment industry. Some stay in Hollywood for the long haul while others go back to their hometowns after a short time in California. Here are some of the most notable celebrities who made the move from other states and countries to the city of Angels.
1) Brad Pitt was born in Oklahoma but moved to LA when he became interested in pursuing an acting career. He was the most famous actor of the early 2000s, starring in movies such as “Thelma and Louise”, “Interview with a Vampire”, and “Ocean’s Eleven”. He married actresses Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie.
2) Speaking of, Angelina Jolie was born in Los Angeles but moved to New York as a child with her father. Being one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood, her career skyrocketed when she won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in “Girl, Interrupted” (1999) and received high praise for roles in “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider”, “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”, and “Beowulf”. She is known for her humanitarian efforts through organizations such as the United actress in Hollywood. The actress and her six kids currently reside in Los Angeles, California.
3) Director and producer Steven Spielberg is also a famous celebrity in the entertainment industry who moved to the west coast of the United States in 1994 and has been living in Pacific Palisades ever since. Spielberg is known for directing award-winning films such as “Jurassic Park”, “E.T”, “Jaws” and the “Indiana Jones” franchise.
4) Jessica Alba also moved to Los Angeles from San Francisco after she discovered, upon returning to work after maternity leave, that her daughter was being watched by a nanny for 105 hours a week. Alba has since started the successful company “Honest Company” in 2011. Additionally in 2015 news broke out that Alba and her husband had purchased a home in Pacific Palisades which is known to be one of the most expensive zip codes in the country.
5) Kanye West moved to LA after he released his debut album “The College Dropout” in 2004, which is now classified as a classic hip-hop album. Since then, West has also established himself as one of the most influential artists of this generation.
6) James Franco is well known for his roles in the TV series Freaks and Geeks, as well as being a respectable actor in Hollywood. He also established himself as one of the most versatile actors by producing, directing, writing scripts, and being an artist all at once. In 2014 he signed to star in the movie adaptation of John Steinbeck’s classic book, East of Eden. He also set up his own production company in LA called “Irish Cream”.
7) Matt Damon has established himself as one of the most loved actors in Hollywood. He also works with some great directors, such as Christopher Nolan who directed him in Interstellar and The Dark Knight. He purchased a luxury property around the corner of Ellen DeGeneres in the Santa Monica area.
8) Samuel L Jackson, is another actor who built himself a house in LA. He has visited many times before when he was shooting his movies Jurassic Park and Die Hard with a Vengeance. These days he spends most of his time in London with his family but he still stays a lot in his LA home.
9) Leonardo Dicaprio is a big-name Hollywood actor, who also spends most of his time in London. Despite being so far away from home, he often invests some serious money into the real estate market of LA, buying up properties all over the city. He’s already got at least two homes in Westwood and Beverly hills. We can say he loves real estate in LA so much, he even bought a home for his mother!
10) Johnny Depp is another star who has fallen in love with the bright lights of Los Angeles. He also owns two homes in Westwood and Beverly hills. However, we think that it seems like only one of them is actually occupied by his family and friends. Depp is known for his fortune and is one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
11) Not only is Oprah one of America’s favorite talk show hosts, she also has a small empire that includes her own magazine and now her own television channel. And just like every other famous person on this list, Oprah loves living in Los Angeles almost as much as she likes being fabulously rich! She’s an inspiration to many people who came from nothing to becoming one of the most inspiring women in modern history.
12) If you didn’t know, George Clooney is one of Hollywood’s “it” boys. He proved his worth by being a producer for some high-quality television dramas including the newsroom and E.R. We have no doubt that he will fit the luxurious lifestyle in Los Angeles.
13) Ellen DeGeneres is also living the life of luxury in Los Angeles. Revealed by her show’s host, Ellen has been living here for over two years now. Her house is located somewhere in Los Angeles’s more decent area, Montecito Heights.
14) Katy Perry got a 3-acre estate in Beverly Hills where she lives with her family and she bought a place in Hollywood.
15) Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady bought the most expensive home at the time in Brentwood for $20 million. This 12,000-square-foot mansion has 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms which are perfect for the Brady bunch!
Stars in both film and television are frequently moving to Los Angeles and the above-mentioned names are just a few of the celebrities who have made the City of Angels home.
Read Latest Post
- Why Should I Stage My Beverly Hills Home?
- 5 Reasons Why Photos help when selling your Beverly Hills home
- Why you should NOT to Hold An Open House When Selling Your Beverly Hills Home
- Talking money matters with Adam Torres | Beverly Hills Tips
- Why you should Hold an Open House in your Beverly Hills Home
- What’s the difference between Bel Air and Beverly Hills?
- What It’s Like to Live in Beverly Hills
- What First-Time Home Sellers in Beverly Hills Absolutely Must Know
There are many reasons why Hollywood celebrities are moving to Los Angeles. One of the main reasons is that LA offers a wide range of career opportunities for famous actors, actresses, musicians, and comedians. It takes an immense amount of time, effort, and money to become a widely recognized celebrity in Hollywood; hence there is no better place than the heart of Tinseltown itself for this entertainer’s Mecca. LA is also home to many large companies which are always looking for famous faces to promote their newest products, so being a celebrity does not have to be just an occupation but can develop into a full-time career. With the overwhelming amount of television shows and films being produced in Hollywood every year, there are plenty of roles that need to be filled. Because of the large population in LA, there are also a variety of different jobs available for celebrities, from radio hosts to startup business owners. There is no doubt that Los Angeles has provided its residents with various opportunities which can greatly benefit their lives.
In addition to gaining the chance at achieving lifelong goals and aspirations, many celebrities have been known to get luxurious properties for investment as well. For the celebrities who have recently bought houses in LA, their properties vary from mansions to studios. With such a large population of celebrities coming into town, it is normal to expect them to buy extravagant homes that are projected for viewership on social media.
There are also celebrities who recently bought properties for themselves specifically as recording studios. For instance, Kanye West recently bought a mansion in Calabasas which he has been using as his private studio. The mansion is over 30,000 square feet and includes eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms and other luxurious amenities such as an infinity pool. Many celebrities like to keep their privacy and only some of them are seen using their studios.
The beautiful weather and the endless highways attract celebrities to LA so they can enjoy driving around without getting stuck in bad traffic or having to take public transportation, unlike many other big cities such as New York City. There is also so much more than cars for celebrities: they can rent bikes in Santa Monica and just ride them around the beach.
LA is also known for its delicious and healthy organic food which many celebrities appreciate and enjoy, especially since there are so many gourmet places to try out. Another reason, which is not often mentioned as frequently, is that no other big city has such great weather all year long as LA does: who wouldn’t want good weather all the time when you’re a celebrity? It’s no wonder many celebrities are moving to LA nowadays. LA is not only known for its culture, great weather, and food but it also has endless possibilities in terms of entertainment, which can be seen through all the TV shows that are filmed there. The best example would be Tim Allen’s sitcom. Of course, LA is the perfect place to be for celebrities.
LA has also turned into a movie capital, with many new film stars and locations appearing every year. The most famous example would be the Friends TV show, filmed on location in LA. Also not to mention Los Angeles has a really good security team that can keep the celebrities safe.
Of course, LA is known for having good weather, but it also has amazing places to visit. Hollywood is one of them, which is famous around the world. Also, LA has many museums and galleries that are worth visiting. The most popular example would be LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) which offers great pieces that are worth seeing.
Los Angeles is also famous for its comedy shows and the many amazing concerts that take place there. One of the most popular singers to visit Los Angeles was Lady Gaga, who had a great concert in LA in 2014. Also, LA has some really nice suburbs such as Pasadena which are very close to downtown and have really nice art deco buildings and it is close to Hollywood. It is also known to be a shopping district.
Los Angeles also has a lot of history and some iconic landmarks such as the Hollywood sign and Griffith Observatory. Also, Los Angeles is one of the most multicultural cities in America and so there are many different types of cuisine available on almost every block. If you’re a foodie then this place is one for you. You can choose from Japanese, Indian, Vietnamese, Brazilian, and almost every other type of cuisine.
Los Angeles is also very close to Santa Monica which has a great shopping street with all the brands you might want to buy at them such as Aldo, Forever 21 and Zara, etc. Also, it’s just next door to Venice Beach which is really nice for a day, like if you’re stressed and want a nice walk at the beach. This place also has great gyms, where you can go to work out after your exhausting day of shopping. Also, a morning or afternoon jog on the Santa Monica Pier will do you good. Who knows you might come across Kendall Jenner, Blake Griffin, or Gigi Hadid jogging there.
Los Angeles is really an accessible city. Whether you’re wanting to go to Hollywood Blvd, Beverly Hills, Downtown San Diego (where the harbor is), or Santa Monica (where one of my friends lives). Los Angeles is very central; it’s like London where every place is only 30 minutes away. Every establishment is a stone’s throw away from your Beverly Hills mansion. Los Angeles is the city that NEVER sleeps, which means there will always be something to do. You can do all of these on a daily basis if you want! You’ll never get bored.
The beauty of the city is that you can go to different cultures in just one day just because it’s all so close. You can do culture in Hollywood, then go shopping in Beverly Hills and grab some sushi in Downtown San Diego. But most importantly, Los Angeles is an easy place to live in. There are so many options. It offers luxurious lifestyles that everyone dreams about. It’s a city for the rich and famous.
The celebrities that call themselves residents of LA keep adding up, yet there are still lots more to come! We can expect all types of celebrities to move to La La Land because it is simply so attractive. Some may move here because they were born and raised here while others move to pursue a life and make investments or grow their own businesses.
As a matter of fact, moving to LA is not just limited to celebrities. Average Joe’s blog about how they want to move to LA and what the city has to offer them. The list of reasons why they want to move to LA goes on with “sunshine,” “warm weather,” and “vacation all year”.
It’s the age-old question that says if you want to be an actor, you should move to LA and if you want to do anything else (except science), you should move to New York. The truth is that even though LA has a higher number of celebrities, every city in the US has its own share of notable individuals and history.
Some celebrities moved to Los Angeles because of their business space for your dollar out in LA. Also, they wanted to be closer to their managers who venture. For example, Martha Stewart moved to LA to establish herself as a TV host and eventually move into the world of film. Some celebrities are simply fed up with New York. They saw the cost of living go higher in NYC while you can get more stable and beneficial deals in LA. Lastly, some do it because they couldn’t afford to live in New York anymore due to debts and taxes.
Thinking of all the luxury that Los Angeles could offer, a lot of celebrities have moved out to LA, whether it’s a house or an apartment. These celebrities mentioned moving to Los Angeles because they wanted a change from New York. They would rather be closer to the beach and sun than to the city. In addition, some felt bad for their business dealings in California were better than in New York.
Commercial real estate brokers in Los Angeles are also feeling the effects of these celebrities moving to LA. They’re pushing for more showings and sales in order to satisfy their celebrity customers. One example is when Chris Hemsworth bought an enormous home, he asked his agent if there are any other properties available nearby so that his family could move closer to him.
You can clearly say that there are different reasons why many celebrities are buying properties in the City of Angels whether it’s Beverly Hills, Rodeo Road, Bel Air, Brentwood, or Encino. These areas are just some of the most luxurious places that celebrities are looking into. Other celebrities are buying more than one property in the city because they know it is a good place where investments and businesses grow rapidly.
”What do you want to be when you grow up?” When asked this question, many children will answer “a celebrity.” Hollywood has been a dream for generations of Americans and is now one step closer with the recent influx of celebrities moving to LA. In order to keep up with demand, more homes are being built every day in California which means that there may be an opportunity for your family or business! If you have any questions about what it would take to live the life of a celebrity (or even a regular person) contact us today! Our team can help guide you through all stages of the home buying process from finding lots, developing neighborhoods, working with builders, and helping you find your first home, next to a luxury home, land to build a dream home on, and more.
In order to keep up with demand? This implies that there is a huge demand for celebrities moving to LA even though it’s not clear from the article what would make this true. In fact, throughout this entire topic – we discuss all advantages of moving to Los Angeles, but the text is vague and lacks any grounding in reality. There’s no explanation of who would want to move into LA or why it would be better than living somewhere else. The tone of voice seems to be ironic and humorous
Does our team come from a wide range of backgrounds representing the top homebuilders throughout Los Angeles County? We are all experts when it comes to choosing the best fit for your lavish lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a home within minutes of the perfect luxury school or your office at LAX, we’ll find the best new homes in Los Angeles County for you and your family.
Your needs are our number one priority. We’ll listen to each one of them carefully so that the right realtor can recommend you the proper house. You may check out other blogs we have about Beverly Hills which will definitely give you an idea of why they say it’s one of the most beautiful places in California. We will be most happy to connect you with one of the realtors who has worked in and outside of LA. I mean, finding your dream home in this big city is not easy. What you need most is an experienced realtor who can help you find the house that fits your budget and taste Feel free to contact us at your most available time or leave a comment below so we can properly communicate with you all the needed details. We are looking forward to hearing all your thoughts about your dream LA home!
If you’ve considered moving and want help, have questions, or want to get the latest insights, feel free to connect with me and I’ll be more than happy to help you find the perfect Beverly Hills, CA home.
Like and follow us today for updates: erikrbrown.com