Beverly Hills luxury real estate is famous for its extravagance and serene lifestyle. It offers you the privilege of living in the suburbs right in the middle of a bustling city.
Beverly Hills is where hundreds of iconic Hollywood movies have been shot. Of course, it’s no surprise that it has become one of the most sought-after communities in the world. It covers an approximate area of 5.7 square miles and is the home to several A-list celebrities.
Which celebrities live in Beverly Hills?
With the high-profile nature and the elite aura, Beverly Hills has been one of the most demanded areas for several high-profile celebrities to call home. You will find actors, pop stars, rock stars, musicians, talk show hosts, and even high-ranked comedians living here.
Here, is a list of some of the most popular celebrities that reside in Beverly Hills.
We all have a favorite Taylor Swift song. But what could be better than living next to the ten-time Grammy Award winner? Regarded as one of the best pop singers of her age, has won the hearts of fans across the globe. In 2015, she purchased the famous Samuel Goldwyn Estate for a staggering price of $25 million! This lavish mansion covers an area of 10,892 square-foot and is one of the most iconic houses in the Beverly Hills luxury real estate.
One of the most admired actresses in the world, Jennifer Lawrence, lives in her 5,500 square-foot mansion which she bought at a price tag of $8 million in the heart of Beverly Hills.
Another great pop singer blessing this list is the famed Katy Perry. The four Guinness World Record holders purchased an $18 million house in the gated community of Coldwater Canyon back in 2017.
A prolific actress, Jessica Alba made headlines back in 2017 when she bought an almost $10 million mansion in the gated North Beverly Park community located in the hills.
Aston Kutcher and Mila Kunis
One of the most famous celebrity couples, Aston Kutcher and Mila Kunis have been living in Beverly Hills since 2014 when they bought a mansion for a price tag of $10 million.
Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Known for portraying Machiavellian characters, Jason Statham and his partner Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have lived in their 5,600 square-foot home since 2015. The mansion features five bedrooms and eight bathrooms and has a price tag of around $12.3 million.
Some of the other high-profile celebrities that reside at Beverly Hills are:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi
- John Legend
- Simon Cowell
- Chrissy Teigen
- Christina Aguilera
- Sofia Vergara
- Sandra Bullock
- Jack Nicholson
- Eddie Murphy
- Steve Martin
- Jay Leno
- John Mayer
But, apart from its reputation as the ‘celeb central,’ why is Beverly Hills so famous?
1. The Epitome of Luxury
Beverly Hills is known as the world’s luxury capital due to its high living cost and its ideal location coupled with the magnificent Californian weather. Consistently ranked as one of the most expensive cities, it’s famous for its luxurious lifestyle, including high-end shopping, splendid dining, and a rich aura.
Ultimate Dining Experience
With more than 7.5 million tourists visiting Beverly Hills in 2018, the demand for fine dining restaurants and hotels has increased dramatically. Beverly Hills is famous for its renowned culinary featuring a wide variety of delicious foods. Be it gourmet dinners, elegant bistros, or delicious sweet shops, Beverly Hills has the answer to all your dietary needs. With the great Los Angeles weather year-round, Beverly Hills host some of the most iconic rooftop restaurants and bars that are sure to provide you with the most remarkable culinary experiences. Some of the notable Beverly Hills restaurants are:
- The Rooftop Grill – boasting some of the best Los Angeles views, this restaurant provides you with the perfect grilling experience
- The Front Yard – this uniquely designed restaurant includes a huge outdoor patio dining area suited for small gatherings and fine dining
- Porta Via – sensual dining, elegant atmosphere, and exquisite taste are the words that describe this renowned restaurant. Porta Via Beverly Hills is one of the most high-ranked bistro and bars in the city.
- Il Cielo – this Italian restaurant serves the best taste of authentic Italian cuisines. The restaurant also includes halls for events, venues, and lounges to cater to the huge influx of tourists Beverly Hills receive.
- GRANVILLE – providing local, organic, and palatable dishes, this Beverly Hills restaurant prides itself in making gourmet cuisines an affordable luxury.
Beverly Hills is also one of the busiest tourist destinations in Los Angeles. The city is home to many entertainment sites comprising luxury shopping centers, parks, and upscale living which is one reason why tourists from around the world are eager to visit the famed city of Beverly Hills.
Beverly Hills hotels are among the highest-ranked 5-star hotels in the United States. The glamour and grandeur of these hotels are in-line with the start-studded luxury mansions making you associate yourself with the elites of the city. Some of the best Beverly Hills hotels are:
- Montage Beverly Hills – this 201 room luxury hotel features a spa, a rooftop pool, and various restaurants. Located in the heart of the Golden Triangle district, Montage Beverly Hills boasts a Spanish colonial architecture that stands out in the neighborhood.
- The London West Hollywood – this themed hotel based in the capital of the UK, is famous for its concierge service and its causal references to London. A dynamic atmosphere, a pet-friendly area, and a rooftop pool with Hollywood’s striking views make The London one of the best Beverly Hills hotels.
- The Carlyle Inn – with its stunning curved exterior and impeccable interior, this Beverly Hills hotel offers a unique service to its customers. The black and white pillars, upscale rooms, metal finishings, geometric lines, and retro telephones take you back in time to the 1920s.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel – this 5-star hotel features a peachy pink interior, making it one of the country’s most recognizable resorts. Established in 1912, this hotel holds the privilege of hosting some of the most high-profile celebrities such as Fred Astaire, Katharine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and Humphrey Bogart. The Beverly Hills Hotel has 208 rooms, 23 bungalows, a spa, a fitness center, a pool, and 12 acres of luscious grounds that add to its beauty.
2. Renowned Neighborhoods
Beverly Hills comprises several prominent neighborhoods, each with its unique attributes. Some of the best neighborhoods to stay in Beverly Hills are:
The most famous of Beverly Hills neighborhoods is the Beverly Crest. Known for its lush green lawns and its wealth, it symbolizes luxurious living. If you have the pleasure of visiting it, you will encounter high-quality, state-of-the-art mansions and estates.
Another famous Beverly Hills neighborhood is the Trousdale estates. The Trousdale Estates real estate is renowned for its brilliant mid-century architecture and scenic views of Los Angeles. The area hosts the Greystone Mansion, the most famous building in Los Angeles. This mansion was purchased by the City of Beverly Hills in 1965 and was turned into a public park in 1971. In 1976, this mansion was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
This unique neighborhood encompasses 70 feet wide streets, lined with palm trees on both sides radiating a true Californian aesthetic. This neighborhood is also famous for its walk-friendly streets. With the flatlands, joggers, and runners can go on long sprints or casual walks around the area without hustle.
The Bird Streets
One of the most desirable neighborhoods in Beverly Hills, The Bird Streets have a distinct appeal to them. The sweeping views, bold architecture, and pleasant location make it one of the city’s most unique areas. With its proximity to major shopping malls, world-class entertainment, and fine dining, this beguiling neighborhood is the dream of every individual.
Beverly Hills has fierce demand in the market for houses and apartments due to its luxurious lifestyle and status as the home of the elite. With the ever-increasing demand for an elevated lifestyle, Beverly Hills’s value is rising steadily, with a median house cost of around $3.5 million.
3. The ‘Hollywood’ Effect
Every year, hundreds and thousands of tourists visit Beverly Hills. Who doesn’t want the real-life experience of the Rodeo Drive? It is an exclusive luxury destination, after all. We are sure you have seen The Pretty Woman. Remember the unforgettable moment when Julia Roberts gets to go on a shopping spree while visiting the Vertigo store? That was on the one and only Rodeo Drive!
Some of the famous Hollywood movies that were shot in or mentioned Beverly Hills include:
- Pretty Woman – this 1990s hit movie was shot at Beverly Hills esteemed hotel Beverly Wilshire
- Argo – this might be a surprise to some, although the film depicts Iran, the film was shot in Los Angeles with the Beverly Hilton’s Stardust rooftop serving the stage for a shot.
- There Will be Blood – the famed Greystone mansion’s two-laned bowling alley was debuted in the film.
Additionally, the city was also frequently featured in songs such as Weezer’s widely popular single, Beverly Hills. The city’s postal code 90210 has also helped Beverly Hills gain worldwide recognition owing to its popularity due to the famous 90s television series with the same name.
These pop-culture references, plus the appeal of a ‘celeb-worthy lifestyle, goes a long way in building the hype behind Beverly Hills luxury real estate.
4. A Close-Knit Community
This comes as a surprise to many when they realize that Beverly Hills is a small town of approximately 34,000 people. However, with all the amenities and entertainment options, the residents don’t have to venture outside their bubble. For families with young children, kids often go to the same school. They make lifelong friends within the community, experiencing a strong sense of belonging.
Several community events are held in the city that brings the residents together, namely the Beverly Hills Art Show, Doggy Daze 90210 (Formerly Woofstock 91020), and the famous Farmer’s Market. These events are organized to help build a strong community and bridge the gaps between people living in secluded neighborhoods.
It’s not surprising that Beverly Hills is the prime choice for everyone seeking a calm and enriching lifestyle with its urban and suburban vibe.
Living in Beverly Hills is family-friendly, private, and laidback.
Although the city is open to the general public to attract tourism, specific pocket communities are exclusive for the residents. This ensures the balance between the high-paced city environment and the soothing town atmosphere.
If you are someone who idolizes expensive lifestyles, Beverly Hills is the place for you. Offering some of the most luxurious shopping experiences, Beverly Hills real estate is the dream home of every American aspiring to live among the elites.
Looking to move to Beverly Hills but are confused about where to start? It is better to consult with a Beverly Hills real estate agent.
I have been working as a real estate consultant for the past 13 years. Helping clients get their dream house is my passion, and I strive to deliver my services to satisfy my clients fully.
Interested? Great! You can contact me here.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Realtor, DRE#: 01958545
9454 Wilshire Blvd, Ground Floor
Beverly Hills CA 90212